- October 10, 2017
- Posted by: Shubham
- Category: QuickBooks
The QuickBooks File Doctor can test your network and help resolve network problems that affect QuickBooks.
Each of the tests result have sections that describe it in detail, including resources to help fix problems in each specific area. Click on the result you get from using the File Doctor to see how to resolve the issue.
Using the QuickBooks File Doctor
- First Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
- If you already have a version of File Doctor on your computer , you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release.
- It is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of File Doctor before downloading and installing from this article.
- After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation.
- If you are running File Doctor on a workstation is physically not stored/hosted , then pick Workstation.
- Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.
Network Testing Results
After running the network connectivity tests, I got the following results. My test for the QuickBooks network connectivity issues yielded the Network Diagnosis shown below:
you can see QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode, networking is enabled, Windows firewall ports have been opened to permit connectivity according to the version of QuickBooks running, no other firewall obstructions exist, the QuickBooks file opened successfully and all other connectivity tests passed.
What this seems to mean is that the new QuickBooks File Doctor is not nearly as good at diagnosing network problems as the Network Connectivity Diagnostic Tool and the new tool apparently can’t fix any problems it detects, all it knows to do is point you to KBA-HOW 18097 on how you can resolve your own problems.
QuickBooks File Doctor completes repair and diagnosis:
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, close File Doctor.
- Regardless of the results screen, try opening your QuickBooks file again to see if the issue is resolved.
By default Network diagnosis is turned on anytime the tool is started. You can change or disable the network related settings using the Advanced Options button from the initial window, once you have launched the program.
Check and fix QuickBooks network connectivity issues
This is the actual default setting concerning network connectivity. While there are no details about the specifics of this setting, I believe that this is intended to check things like Windows firewall port settings and proper configuration of TCP/IP Protocols on the computer running the test.
It might also conduct a ‘ping’ test for other computers on the network. However, I saw no specific indications that it did so during my testing.
Users can dial our QuickBooks technical support phone number +1844-551-9757 to fix the any kind of QuickBooks error and from any QuickBooks Desktop version.